Monday, April 8, 2013

Blog #1... a little bit about me and my take on men's fashion

    There are three quotes that I heard over the years regarding fashion that I have never let go of, "You can't buy style", "If you can only afford one or the other, go for the expensive tailor, not the expensive suit"  and "one piece of your outfit should make a statement, and that statement should be "Fuck you"."  I do my best to remember and live by all three of these tidbits whenever possible.
     Style isn't something that is defined by a label on your clothing, Ed Hardy is a globally recognized label, but if you're wearing it in 2013 I'm putting my money on the fact that you have no style, and just look like an idiot in a colorful tiger t-shirt.  When it comes to my style I like to keep it timeless, classic-- yet modern at the same time.  Grays, blacks, blues and whites with a small pop of color for that added "fuck you".  Where do I like to add the color?  My socks  or a belt.
    Since this is my first post I will go a little off topic and give you a brief blurb about me (not something I plan to do often, but you should know where this is coming from, to an extent.)  My name is Mike, I am 25 years old and I live in Minneapolis, MN.  The fashion scene is not strong in this city, while there are individuals with taste sprinkled around this snowy, blustery city I live in, most of Minneapolis (well, really the Midwest in general) seems to have something strong against being fashion forward.  There is still an overload of acid-washed jeans and boring polos everywhere I look.  I would blame this as being away from the coasts, but I lived in Chicago at one point and there are still droves of people who have an excellent sense of fashion.  Just not here.  I sit back daily and dream about the day I move back to Chicago, or better yet, on to NYC... but for now I will just sit back and hope to help at least one person update their wardrobe.
    Now onto what matters, and what I will talk about from now on, on this blog-- anything from fitted leather jackets to trim fit suits, to boots and watches and socks, all the things I love the most.
 
 

My favorite socks, Hugo Boss
One of my go-to belts, Diesel

















@MWMensFashion

No comments:

Post a Comment