Friday, April 12, 2013

Spring time: Rooftop Happy Hours, Miniskirts and Spring Jackets


When it comes to spring, besides the melting snow, the outdoor happy hours and women in miniskirts there is one thing I truly love: Spring jackets.  Spring is a time where men’s fashion can flourish.  You have the option of dressing however you feel that day; jeans, a sweater and a scarf, maybe a perfectly tailored suit, or maybe those chinos you've kept hidden away most of the winter and a nice light spring jacket.  I have a closet full of jackets, and my girlfriend has to keep constantly reminding me to stop buying more.  But why?  They are the perfect piece, and can one ever have too much of a perfect thing? 
                I've showed you a couple of my favorite spring jackets before (leather Diesel and navy rain coat from Banana Republic), but that is only the tip of the iceberg.  But what makes a good spring jacket you ask?  Here is one tip I tend to lean towards:  Simple.  You don’t need some gaudy, obnoxious floral print windbreaker for it to be a spring coat.  Keep it classy, keep it timeless, and keep it multi-functional.  To me that means simple, one of my favorites is a classic black Members Only jacket (figure 1).  They work perfectly with jeans, grey or khaki chinos, or even some navy suit pants—I get enough use out of mine in the first couple weeks of spring to have it pay for itself a few times over, and I've had more than one friend try and “borrow” it since I got it a few years back.  Honestly a perfect jacket.  Another key jacket to have in your closet for spring is a lightweight trench, if you don’t have the money to splurge on a classic Burberry, there are plenty of other options out there.  I have an excellent grey trench I picked up from H&M (figure 2) a couple years back that I still love and get tons of use out of and it was only around $100. 
                Are there more options out there?  Of course there are, thousands of them I’m sure.  I gave you a couple of my favorite spring looks—Have any suggestions of your own?


Figure 1
Figure 2







@MWMensFashion

No comments:

Post a Comment